Have weakness after masturbation and intercourse. On Amlovas for BP. Cause of weakness?

Excellent

Question
Hi, I am 45 years old. For the last 3-4 months, I am observing that after having intercourse or masturbation I feel very weak. This weakness last for almost 24 hours. I indulge in sexual activity only once or twice a week. What could be the reason? And what is the solution?

Although healthwise I am fine, I do have problem of sleep. I have disturb sleep, I wake up once or twice in the night and the next day in the morning I feel very drowsy. My weight is about 75 kgs and height 171 cms.

I am on medication for hypertension for 4 years. Presently I take medicine (Amlovas-L) for hypertension. With medication, my blood pressure is in normal range. There is no other medicine I am taking.

There is no other medical condition like diabetic, thyroid etc.
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

Brief answer....Although normally a person should not feel week after a sexual act but sometimes few people do complain of some weakness after a sexual act but to feel week for 24 hours definitely requires some investigation.

Detailed answer...

A person can definitely feel little sleepy after a sexual act because one does sexual act generally in the night when person is already tired due to the entire day activity and this is followed by relaxation of mind and body and this makes a person sleepy.

However if one feels week and tired for full one day after sexual act,then it demands investigation.
In your case you require a evaluation (preferably by a cardiologist) to rule out any cardiac involvement, since you have hypertension for past many years, although controlled.

Another reason could be anaemia,lack of VIT D or VIT B 12 .
it is good that diabetes and thyroid disorders are absent.
Consult a doctor for appropriate investigations.

As far as your lack of sleep in the night followed by day time sleeping is concerned,it may be due to snoring resulting in sleep apnoea. This can be investigated by getting sleep studies done and then taking appropriate treatment for it.

Your weight is slightly high by 5-7 kg and so you need to reduce it by appropriate diet control and regular aerobic exercises for at least 45 minutes a day.
Reduction of weight shall help you in your sleep apnoea which would ultimately help you in getting good night sleep.

There could be some element of depression, which may require a psychotherapy, if physical causes are ruled out.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks