Have water blister on penis. Could be Molluscom or water wart. Suggest treatment?

I have what I think is a water blister on my penis. Could be Molluscom or water wart. Could you tell me how to treat this?
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Neera Kataria 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for your query.

You have a single lesion on the penile skin. I have seen the image, which shows a single well-defined raised skin colored lesion. There is no redness associated. It is not very clear whether it is solid or fluid filled

The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes:

-Molluscum contagiosum
-viral wart
-herpes simplex
-carcinomatous lesion

Molluscum or wart is viral infection without any associated symptom. They can be treated by simple non-invasive procedure like radio cautery or CO2 ablative laser.

Scabies is an itchy condition caused by a mite infestation and can be treated with oral ivermectin and local permethrin 5%

Herpes is viral infection with multiple grouped vesicles, which ulcerate and often associated with pain. However, this does not seem to be herpes but initial lesion may look like this.

Pemphigus is a chronic condition. It appears as fragile, thin-walled blisters that break down to form ulcers. These are often painful and may itch.Prompt diagnosis and treatment is essential.

If it is a hard lesion then an excision biopsy has to be done to rule out carcinomatous growth.

I have tried to tell you treatment of the possible causes.

I shall like to know the duration for which it is present, associated symptoms if any which will be helpful for a more closer diagnosis.

Hope this solves your query.

Follow-up: Have water blister on penis. Could be Molluscom or water wart. Suggest treatment? 17 hours later
Can you look again at this close up picture?
Answered by Dr. Neera Kataria 10 hours later
Hi, thanks for writing back.

I had a look at the closer picture. It seems to be a solid nodule. It is not possible to diagnose it without examination.

I think it should be examined properly for its consistency, and to know whether it is adherent to the underlying structures or motile. You may consult a dermatologist in your area for the same.

I suggest you to get an excision biopsy done to for exact diagnosis.

Hope this helps you.

Keep me posted.