Have warm tingling through out body, some times cold also and rapid heart beat. Suggest?

hi i have this funny feeling that i get all over my body. i can not explane what it is for sure. but it starts with a warm tingiling through out my body. some times cold ones to and then my heart will speed up. and i freak out
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later
thanks for the query

Abnormal sensations in the body, such as tingling or sensation of pins and needles on the skin is known as "paresthesia." Paresthesia is commonly cause by affection of nerves due to diverse conditions.

The association of tingling and accelerated heart rates makes it necessary to exclude panic attacks and anxiety. A panic attack is a sudden fear with consequently physical effects on the body such as tingling, increase heart rate, sweating, feeling of shortness of breath etc. Causes could be hereditary, related to people with stress or psychological disequilibrium, intake of caffeine or nicotine, certain drugs such as antidepressants, etc

Chronic diseases such as diabetes could cause peripheral neuropathies that would produce tingling sensations. Heart failure as well, due to reduce oxygen supply to the periphery, could result to tingling sensation and resultant acceleration of heart rate.

Metabolic disequilibrium as well would lead to tingling sensation. Examples include vitamin deficiency especially vitamins B. Also deficiencies in electrolytes such as calcium, Magnesium etc could results to tingling.

Given the above, it is necessary to XXXXXXX an internist for detail evaluation and for common tests such as blood electrolytes.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to respond.
Best regards