Have vomiting, rapid pulse, temperature 96.6

Feb 2013

My daughter is vomiting, rapid pulse, temperature 96.6.
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take her to emergency for fluid correction.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Rapid pulse with low body temperature is suggestive of impending circulatory shock which may result from loss of water and electrolytes from her body through vomitings.

Loss of fluid from body leads to dehydration and low blood volume which in turn the heart tries to pump more blood by increasing its rate leading to rapid pulse.

At the same time skin tries to conserve the fluid by constriction of its blood vessels causing low body temperature.

Her vomitings to be controlled and intravenous fluids to be given to correct dehydration and low intravascular volume.

At the same time, the cause for vomitings to be investigated and treated accordingly.

Therefore I suggest you to consult emergency for clinical evaluation and for treatment of vomitings and dehydration.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.