Have vitamin d deficiency and feeling dizzy. What is vertin 8mg used for?

what is vertin 8mg used for?
i have problem of LDL level of 154 * HDL level of 35 and Vitamin D deficeincy. i am getting Diziness now a days frequently. my BP level is around 130/95
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 20 minutes later

Vertin contains Betahistine, a drug used for Vertigo (dizziness). It mainly acts on the inner ear structures, which are responsible for maintenance of balance. These inner ear structures when affected can lead to dizziness for which Betahistine is recommended drug.

This drug can sometimes cause milder side effects like headache, insomnia, nausea, gastritis etc.

The high levels of LDL have to be dealt with fat restrictions in the diet and anticholesterol medications and the Vit D deficiency by Vit D supplements. Do discuss with your treating doctor about the same.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.