Have vitamin D deficiency. How to lose weight and keep my energy level high?

Hi, I'm 36 , 184 cm tall n weigh 98 kg. I'm on a weight loss mission. Where I walk and jog about 5/6 km in the morning n perform Yoga 20 mins. But I feel exhausted after 2/3 hours. I drink plenty of water and take 2 meals finished before 12:30 pm and 6:30 pm respectively. Alternate days instead of one meal, I eat fruits. And daily take a soup in the evening around 9pm. I've Vitamin D deficiency. How can I keep my energy levels high? Yet loose weight?
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

In view of the symptoms that you have described, vitamin D deficiency is the possible culprit. You need to take one XXXXXXX of vitamin D in milk or curd daily for 10 days, then weekly for 10 weeks and then monthly for one year.

Apart from that, take meals at frequent intervals like a 3 hours gap and it should comprise fruits, vegetables and salads. Instead of two or three meals, concentrate on frequent meals avoiding any fried foods and taking more of fruits and salads.

Also you need to get a complete blood count especially your hemoglobin levels to rule out any anemia and your thyroid profile done.

If you are low in iron contents then you may be having liver, lean red meats, beans like kidney, lima, navy, black, pinto, soy beans, and lentils, iron fortified whole grains, green vegetables like spinach, tofu, broccoli, swiss chard, asparagus, parsley, chicken, nuts, egg yolk and dry fruits.

You can also have iron supplements along with these foods after consulting your hematologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.