Have visual snow and pallinopsia. Anything that can help with pallinopsia?

Hi I have been diagnosed with visual snow and pallinopsia, is there anything that can help with the pallinopsia!? I have just started taking Prozac I'm on day 2 but I feel a bit worse and like my head is really heavy...... Is this normal?
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

Pallinopsia is a condition,the cause of which can lie from the retina to the brain where the visual information is processed.The problem is in neurotransmitter release. Treating it starts with identifying the exact site and knowing the exact pathology ,which is very difficult.Well, but not totally untreatable.A neurologist would be one who can identify the problem and plan the management.

The Prozac is an antidepressant and antianxietic , this is treatment for the secondary symptoms like anxiety and depression seen in people suffering from pallinopsia.

Yes the heaviness is one of the starting side effect of the drug which will disappear on its own.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Have visual snow and pallinopsia. Anything that can help with pallinopsia? 1 hour later
Thank you, my face feels like it is burning and I feel faint and more depressed and my temples are aching could this be the medication ? Oh and I have no appetite at all
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 20 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, the above symptoms except aching temples are direct side effects encountered during the start of this medication.

Need not worry , the symptoms will disappear on their own within a week or two.

Drink lots amount of water , this helps in reduction of the side effects to some extent.

Wish you good health.