Have visited to Hep c patient. Had cut in my hand. Is there any risk?

Oncologist, Surgical
A friend of mine has Hep c. I went to visit him, but about three hours earlier I had helped my father in law move a Bird Bath and got a cut on my hand. I put a paper towel on it, stopped bleeding , came home and showered and then went to see my friend. In excitement to see him I shook his hand a few times, gave him a hug, spent the day together, and then shook his hand when I left. He told me later he had no cuts on his hand, but let's say he did. Am I risk of catching Hep c? My cut was there, no visible bleeding, but my cut on my finger was only 3 hours old.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 4 hours later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. If your friend had not cut, then your chances of acquiring Hepatitis C are very slim. It does not spread my shaking hands or hugging a person. It only spreads if there is contact with their bodily fluids (sweat, saliva, etc).
There is no reason to be worried. You can get your tests done after a few months to be very sure.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.