Have visible veins in the palms and sometime hand turns purple. What could be causing this?

my daughter has veins in the palms of her hands and her hands sometimes turn purple. Please tell me what this is.
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 49 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

It is not unusual to see veins in the palms especially when the hands are cold. However I would like to have more information when you mention that the hands sometimes turn purple. Kindly provide information on the following so that I can assist you:
1. From when are they turning purple?
2. What causes them to turn purple? Is it cold weather or exposure to certain substances or the child is doing activity when they turn purple, etc.
3. How long do the hands remain purple?
4. Any particular steps taken by you which makes the colour return to normal pink?
5. Any numbness or deranged feelings in the hand when they turn purple?
6. Any medication that your daughter is having?

Please share any investigations done in this regards. Please do revert back for any clarifications that you may have.