Have vestibular neuritis, prescribed Defcort. Is this ok?

Hello Dr. Grief, I have a condition called Vetsibular Neuritis for which the doc gave me Defcort 30 X 2 after breakfast. Just wanted to understand if this is ok?
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
The vestibular neuritis can be due to infections, infiltrative disorders and immune mediated.
If you do not have fever, headache and your clinician is a bit sure that it is not an infection then for the other two groups the Defcort(Deflazacort) is a safe and good choice.
It is a steroid which is 80% as potent as Prednisolone and causes less side effects.
Wish you a great health!