Have very large tonsils like have polyps on them. Suggestion?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I just came from the doctor and I have very large tonsils she noted that and said its almost like I have polyps on them but she said there is no concern because I don't have any symptoms of tonsilits etc... Just bad allergies. Is she right ? Or should I seek a second opinion
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Large tonsilles are not problem if there is no other symptom such as repeated throat infections, breathing difficulties or swallowing difficulties and this is rarely seen. Tonsilles size depends on genetic as your height and hair color so large tonsiles are normal finding. it is important that there is no sign of tonsile infection or pus formation. So I dont think you need tonsilectomy at this point since it doesnt cause any matter how routine procedure it is today, there is always some risk and it can always be done when symptoms occur. allergy is something else and it isnt related to enlarged tonsiles... WIsh you good health. Feel free to asl any question. Regards