Have very high PSA, taking Zytiga. Body imaging and scans showed no cancer. Concerned?

HAVE A VERY high psa, 24.5/ I am taking ZYITGA for this, although I am concerned about this med
is removing testtorone from my body. I have had body imaging and scans and no cancer was found
I am 77 and in good health other than this problem.
What do you think about ZYTIGA?? My e-mail YYYY@YYYY .
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Good drug

Detailed Answer:
Prostate cancer is driven by hormones including testosterone. For this, we need to reduce the stimulating hormone as much as possible. Drugs such as Zytiga work in a unique mechanism to help minimize disease progression of prostate cancer.

In general this drug is fairly well tolerated and the data has suggested excellent response rates. Let's see how the PSA looks in the next month or two and go from there.

Please let me know if you have additional questions regarding this and we can discuss.

Dr Galamaga