Have vasculitis. Has problem in moving sholder, muscles and knees. Advice?

Hi Sir, XXXXXXX this side from kanpur up..this is regarding my dad age 52, he suffered from chikengunia approximately 5 years back. After that the implication was turned into their body pain mainly into all muscle in the body and resulted he got very week and not ale to walk properly. We have gone to every good doctor in kanpur but got no positive treatment. After that we had admitted him in PGI lucknow and found its was 99% vasculitis disease. Treatment went for approx 4 years but some pain always in very low mode. He also got TB due to bad immunity in that period but recovered successfully and completed the compele course for that...this is what his medical history...from last 2 months pain again started on his shoulder and muscles. It's start slowly but now it's getting worse and now he not able to move his shoulders and Arms easily also there is very pain on their knee joints and he is not able to walk properly...I am writing this mail as please help me with correct input and guide me to the right doctor in kanpur, lucknow or Delhi ...
I will be really thankful to you..

Awaited the early response.

Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 17 minutes later
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Dear sir ,

Well whatever history you have told is confusing . You have mentioned that you got admitted in PGI lucknow and they told it was vasculitic disease but you didnt mention the exact diagnosis they gave .

Also you havent mentioned the tests which he had undergone like XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ESR , ENA profile , CPK levels and their reports. All these are required to guide you rightly .

Regarding Knee pain it can be related to it or unrelated like osteoarthritis knee . You need to see a rheumatologist , for this SGPGI Lucknow is the centre of excellence . You can continue your treatment their without any hesitation .

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Have vasculitis. Has problem in moving sholder, muscles and knees. Advice? 22 minutes later
Thanks a ton for reverting so quick Dr. XXXXXXX ..well if you can ask me some specific question i can be in the better postion to answer this is for my dad and he is kanpur and I am in Delhi... His treatment is still going with SGPGI for the same thing but this time he is suffering for unbearable pain in his joints and knees in fact today he is not able to move properly... I am really afraid if going to wrong hand as last time and making the case Dr. XXXXXXX Gupta( orthopedic) treatment is going on.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Dear sir,

Thanks for reverting back .

Well i would like to tell you there are many conditions that can lead to the joint pains . I cannot pinpoint one without examination and history along with investigations .

If possible send me the diagnosis , present treatment and autoimmune profile of your father .

I advise you to consult a rheumatologist in SGPGI as you hint towards vasculitis so the present situation needs to be thought of from orthopaedic as well as rheumatologist perspective.

One thing more I can answer you on one aspect but will not be able to diagnose as physical examination is very important in these disease to assess the level of pain and stiffness , any evidence of synovitis etc. So, have faith on your treating doctor as he is the best judge of your fathers situation.

Dr. Shruti