Have varicocole. Should I take medicine to increase sperm count?

Excellent
Question
My questions is as follows.
1) I heard there are drugs which increase sperm count. Should I consider taking them now? I have Varicocole and sperm count was 18 m around year ago. i fear may cause progressive damage and decrease the count futhur. Can it be stopped or reversed with some medicines. if yes what medicines should Itake? or should I wait till after marriage?

Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 28 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX.

Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Vericocele is a very common problem today among males. It is estimated that as many as 40% of infertile men are affected by varicocele.

Let me answer your queries one by one:
1. I heard there are drugs which increase sperm count. Should I consider taking them now? Vericose veins is a treatable condition. There is no need to take drugs. Infact drugs do not act in the presence of vericocele.

2. Can it be stopped or reversed with some medicines. if yes what medicines should I take? Vericocele can be completely reversed. I suggest you to undergo a minor procedure for vericocele as early as possible to avoid further damage. Once your vericocele is corrected surgically, sperm count increases automatically.

3. should I wait till after marriage? You need not wait till marriage. Infact its its better to get it done before marriage.

Do you have symptoms of vericocele like Pain in the testicle, heavy feeling in the testicle, visible shrinkage of the testicle, an enlarged vein that is visible or found by touch?

Correction of vericocele is a small OPD procedure. You need not worry about if. I suggest you to consult a good XXXXXXX for the same.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for follow up clarifications.
Waiting for your reply,
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Have varicocole. Should I take medicine to increase sperm count? 36 minutes later
Hi thanks for your response. the varicocole does feel like bag of worms but there is no pain. since i dont want to go for surgery right now. i feel if needed i can get that done post marriage. however are there any medicines which i can take in the mean time to protect my testes from furthur damage and improve the sperm count before marriage.

my sperm count is 15 M which i am told is normal as per latest standards, should i take any medicines or multivitamins for general sexual and reproductive health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 34 minutes later
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, as on now your sperm count is normal accoring to current standards.
You can take tab.Fertilovit Mplus one tab daily to prevent further damage to testis.

Hope this helps.
regards,
Dr Nilofer