Have vaginismus, taken treatment, not able to have sex. What can help me?

Infertility Specialist
Hi, i was diagnosed with vaginismus nearly 10 years ago & i went to XXXXXXX to a womens theraphy centre & i done the treatment with the dilators - it helped me alot as i was able to go on & get pregnant i never felt cured though but was too embarressed to say becasue the treatment is supposed to be gauranteed so i thought it was just me anyway when i got pregnant i was too nervouse to have sex through my pregnancy & after i had my son who is now 2 (I got sectioned) i haven't really been able to have sex since - the past few months it's gone back to being the way it was at the start - what can help me with this as i really don't have the money to go back to XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for your query. I understand your concerns about vaginismus.

1) The basic fact that you got pregnant means that you have been cured of physical and vaginal issues related to vaginismus and the women's therapy has worked.

2) In many women it is psychological reason for vaginismus and not vaginal problem only. Hence I suggest you try feeling comfortable while having sex and not to presume that it is going to be a bad or painful act.

3) Use lot of lubricants while having sex so that there is absolutely no pain with friction during sex.

4) Even if above modalities donot help, please see a gynecologist in XXXXXXX itself who will dilate the vagina with a minor procedure. You donot have to go to XXXXXXX for the same.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol