Have vaginal discharge that is creamy coloured, thick and have awful odour, sometimes bleeds also. Suggest?

i have an awful odor that smells strong like dead fish. i also bleed some from my vagina if i wipe too hard. have a discharge that is creamy colored and thick and sticky.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 32 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

There obviously is a vaginal infection present. The most common vaginal infection to be associated with an odor like you are describing is called BV, or bacterial vaginosis. This is most often treated with a vaginal cream called Metrogel that is only available by prescription.

My main concern, though, is the vaginal bleeding. This might indicate a bigger problem within the vagina. Sometimes women can develop pre-cancerous changes that bleed. The best thing would be to:
1. Schedule a visit with an OB/GYN as soon as possible
2. Try to write down the timeline of your symptoms (discharge, odor, bleeding)

I hope that this helps and good luck!