Have uvulitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, and a low grade fever. Throat feels scratchy. Illness normal?

Allergist and Immunologist
I have been to 3 doctors physically including an internist who have given me no clear answer with only a rapid swab to check for strep(negative).Supposedly I have uvulitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, and a low grade fever (99.6 two days ago) a viral infection, respiratory infection and possibly a cold or flu. The uvula is low and hanging-looks very gelatinous too with blood vessels very apparent. It has been like this now for 16 days with some good and some worse moments. The throat is scratchy on and off. The sinuses are stuffy and relieved a little with claritin and a natural supplement called DHist and flonase. Throat is little relieved with lozenges.
Is the length of my illness normal. I have checked in online a few times already over the weeks.
How long should this last maximum? before I should get worried(more than I am already) one has suggested any tests. Allergist to be visited after symptoms subside and the antihistamines are out of the system-if this is truly an allergic reaction too...
HELP please. I would love some clear answers and some direction.
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to exclude immunodeficiency

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

If you are suffering from recurrent colds, coughs or sinusitis it is important that tests to exclude immunodeficiency disorders are done.
Patients who get >3 infections per year or bad pneumonias require these tests.
Allergy tests (I suppose) have already been done, and that is why you know what allergies you have.
If not done, you need a total IgE and specific IgE against aero-allergens (house dust mite, cat dander, dog dander, pollens, cockroach etc).
Immunodeficiency screening investigations include:
IgG , IgA and IgM levels
Liver function tests
Full blood count
Serum electrophoresis

A Sinus CT scan and/or HRCT Chest is a good investigation to see the current sinus/lung situtation.

Check with your doctor on the availability of these tests.

Best Wishes.