Ask a Urologist   »  

Have urine infection. Temporary relief from citralka. Reason for reoccurring? Precaution to be taken?

General Surgeon
I am having urine infection quite often. though taking medicines like CITRALKA helps, but still I am not sure what agrevates the same. I am facing this issue on regular intervals since almost 5 - 6 yrs. now. Is it because of my diet. I drink almost 2 bottles of water in a day.
What precautions can I take.
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 52 minutes later
Urinary tract infection(UTI) is common in females.
Because of the anatomy of short urethra,they are more prone for it.
Diet has no role in UTI.
You should drink at least three litres per day.In summer,it has to be more.
If you are suspecting UTI,please take Citralka syrup .Add an antibiotic like Trimepthoprim and Sulphamethoxazole tablet.If there is no response,you have to use antibiotic like Norfloxacin/Balofloxacin.
Nothing to worry
Wish you good health