Have urinary infection, swollen spleen and infection in throat. Are they related?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hi I have a urinary infection, a swollen spleen, and I've got some sort of infection in my throat (my tonsils are covered in pus and are inflammed.) Is this all connected somehow or do I just have bad luck?
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 32 minutes later

It will be helpful if you give information about your recent travel, if any.

Norfloxacin, penicillin are both antibiotics and the other medicines are for pain relief. I hope you must have got yourself investigated and examined medically before starting the medicines.

Following investigations will help to know the appropriate treatment, (please get them done, if not investigated previously) :-
1. Throat swab culture.
2. Urine Culture/Sensitivity.
3. Complete Blood Count (CBC).
4. Malaria Test.

The causative organism of the infection of urine/tonsils/spleen may be different.
Proper management will help in curing you completely.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any query, I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Have urinary infection, swollen spleen and infection in throat. Are they related? 1 hour later
I've been in Argentina for about 8 months now and I've been to the doctor and gotten my blood count taken and it was at about 10,288. And the doctors here in Argentina perscribed me the medications.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 40 minutes later

Thanks for your response.

Your blood count is in the normal range but towards a higher side.(normal range is 4000 - 0000).

You can continue treatment advised by your doctor as he has examined you.

You can get the other investigations done after discussing with your doctor.

I hope this answers your query.