Ask a Urologist   »  

Have urinary incontinence. Little blood comes out with urine. What it could be?

I was working on a tangle of electric wires under a big table. I am an incontinent, pee ten times a day. I knew I had to go to the toilet soon, but wanted to finish the job. I waited too long, and felt the pee coming. I crawled from under too quickly and bumpted my head (irrelevant), and then rushed to the toiled across the room, holding my penus tightly, which made it hurt. When I got to the toilet, a quite a bit of blood came out with the urine. When I had finished, the toilet water was pink with blood -- in other words not a lot. I am wearing a pad anyway, but I added a wad of toilet paper over that. The next time I had to pee, blood had dripped into the pad, making big spots. Some little spots seem to sort of scabby. This event started about 2:00 p.m. It is now 5:00 p.m. What should I do?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

If I have understood correctly you have an enlarged prostate and have incontinence too. Painless hematuria (blood in urine) needs to be investigated thoroughly. There is no emergency that you see your doctor just now but you should see him at the earliest and get examined and investigated for the cause of the hematuria.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back for any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal