Have upper chest pain radiating to shoulder and hurts with breathing. What it might be?

Upper right chest pain radiating to shoulder (right side), tight, nausea, hurt when breathing heavy- Female age 24
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Gall bladder check is crucial... Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand you have had multiple medical concerns including anxiety and depression which may be to some extent responsible for the current shoulder pain. However we also need to rule out gall stones and acute cholecystitis. Pain from the gall bladder is known to be referred to the right shoulder. Besides nausea and painful breathing makes it important that we exclude gall bladder issues (if it hasn't been considered yet). I would order for complete blood count, liver function tests as well as an ultrasound examination to rule out gall bladder stones before probing your shoulder for causes. It's time that you consult a general surgeon and get this doubt cleared with the help of aforementioned tests. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards