Have upper abdominal pain with headache. Flu symptoms?

i have upper abdominal cramping intermintent for 3 days with headache. Is this the flu?
Posted Thu, 10 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini, Gastroenterologist and I am pleased to answer your query.
This is not just flu.
The upper abdominal pain may be due to peptic ulcer disease. Other possibilities are pancreatitis or gall bladder disease.
Take tablet rabeprazole for relief.
If you do not find relief, then you may need to undergo tests like endoscopy, ultrasound scan of the abdomen and certain blood tests.
I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini