Ask a Urologist   »  

Have unprotected sex. Noticed torn and bleeding frenulum. What should I do?

2 months ago, I tear my frenulum and it bled alot. It was still sensitive when I was having unprotected sex with a partner but it stopped bleeding. I was unactive sexually for 2 weeks, then had another partner and torn my frenulum again and it bled again. It happened 2 days ago and I don't feel any more pain (I use viaderm which is an anti-inflamatory/anti-bact cream 3 times a day). My question is, should I retract my foreskin the entire day to feel less pain as I get used to it? Also, is 5 days rest enough if I don't feel anymore pain whenever I retract my foreskin?

Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 17 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thank for your query.
Keeping the foreskin retracted is not healthy, as it can lead to what is called PARAPHIMOSIS ( the foreskin gets locked/swollen and does not go into its normal position again).
If that happens, immediate medical attention is needed for an attempt at reduction and if not successful, circumcision may be required.
It s hard to quantify the days of rest.
Since the bleeding episode has happened more than once, it is wise to get physically examined and undergo CIRCUMCISION electively.

Hope this helps

Follow-up: Have unprotected sex. Noticed torn and bleeding frenulum. What should I do? 5 minutes later
Thanks for your answer DR GS

I already went to see a doctor today and he refered my to a urologist. Problem is, it takes around 2-3 months to get an appointment. By the time I get the appointment, should I practice abstinence until I see the urologist? I hope that's not the case because I don't think i'll be able to. As the bleeding episode occured more than once, shouldn't it be less likely to happen again since the frenulum should be a bit longer as it heals?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later

welcome back.

Well, the appointment issue is a problem of health care provision in the place where you live.
If you cant wait, then you carry the risk of re-bleed.
But, try methods like gentle sex and use of lubricants.