Have unprotected intercourse. Have enlarge papilitis. On medications. What are the risks of HIV?

Hi I am 25 years old from USA. I am on study abroad to Rwanda and Uganda. On Sept 15th, I had unprotected vaginal sex and oral sex for about 5 minutes. I did not cum and I don't think I precummed. I was very nervous so I got a test at 31 days after. It showed negative with 2 different tests. I have had a sore on my mouth with is enlarge papilitis on the side of my tongue. It has been ther for 20 days now. I have been on zythromizen, amoxicilin, flagyl. now I have stopped taking the antibiotics and am on fungal medication. What do you think would be wrong and what percentage do you think since I passed 30 day negative HIV test. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I have read your query with diligence.

Although you did not cum and precum, you have had unprotected vaginal and oral sexual intercourse for about 5 minutes.

Any sexual act that is unprotected is a risk factor for acquiring HIV infection.

I am glad that your test is negative at 30 days. Please do not take any more antibiotics or even the anti-fungal. It is most probably a deficiency of multivitamins causing an aphthous glossitis. You may consider taking a capsule of multivitamin every day. It is available over the counter in most countries.

The percentage of an HIV infected person transmitting the disease through unprotected vaginal intercourse is 0.04%.

In your case, the test is negative, nothing to worry now. Just relax, and move ahead in life. You may repeat the same test after 6 months for confirmation.

A word of advice - practice safe sex always.

I wish you good health. Do let me know if you have more concerns.