Have undeveloped scrotum. Reason?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I'm an adult male 37years my scrotum is the size of a golf ball I'm always embarrassed
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 29 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
Is this your scrotum or testicle? Scrotum and testicles grow till the end of puberty. By aging its size is decreasing. More important than size is that there is normal testicle function.
Average testicle size is 1.2-2 inches in diameter and scrotum size 1.5-2.2 inches.
Size varies from man to man and i dont think this should concern you much until there is no sweliing, pain or inflammation signs.
There is a possibilty or surgical reconstruction with implants,but I dont think this is necessary in your case.
Follow-up: Have undeveloped scrotum. Reason? 18 minutes later
I'm talking about my scrotum size and not my testicle
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 23 minutes later
If your scrotum is a size of golf ball then it means that it slight below average size and this is nothing abnormal..
The only way to enlarge scrotum is implantation of silicone prothesis.
Follow-up: Have undeveloped scrotum. Reason? 49 minutes later
What causes undeveloped scrotum
Most common cause of undeveloped or underdeveloped scrotum is absence of testis or undesceded testis. Rarely it is caused by other malformations of the genital elements constituting the two halves of the scrotum.
If penis and testicle size is also reduced than there can be testosterone level abnormality and it can be treated.
Sometimes scrotum can be completely enveloped in fat or retracted by cremaster muscle into the pubic subcutaneous tissue. This is not real scrotum undevelopment and it can be also surgically repaired.