Have undescended testis in abdomen, unable to produce sperm. Do I need surgery?

i have undecend testis in abdomen i am not able to produce my sperm
my doctor told me to take surgery to bring undecende testis to scrotal

Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 54 minutes later
Undescended testis does indeed require surgery. With the help of surgery, the testis can be placed in the scrotum,which is the natural position. If they remain in the abdomen during development,its an anomaly. Unless the natural position is assumed,one cannot tell for sure whether sperm production can happen or not. Ideally, the surgery should have been done in infancy for best results. Its been noted the fertility results are much better the earlier the surgery is done. In most cases,doctors recommended that the correction be done with 2 yrs age. I see that you are 27, so obviously,the statistics will show that results are debatable.
Although surgery is still the recommendation, the sperm production is important now due to fertility issues. After surgery sperm analysis is a must and that will finally be able to indicate towards your fertility. Along with reduced fertility,undescended testis also has a higher prevalance to germ cell tumours and psychological problems, torsion, hernias. Even after surgery if adequate blood supply is not estabilished there may be complications. You need to consult with a urosurgeon about the best possible scenario.