Have undergone IUI. Getting pink blood spotting. Will naturogest 200mg postpones periods?

Question
I have undergone IUI on 29/8 and got pink blood spotting on 8/9 and 9/9. On 15th after 18th day I have undergone HCG test and result is 0.8 on 30th day of last cycle (which was on 17/8) . I was taking naturogest 200mg till today 15/9 from next of IUI (i.e from 30/8). I have not got my periods yet. will naturogest 200mg postpones periods? In this case will i get periods or is there a chance of pregnancy?
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 58 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy & it comes positive after 11th day of fertilization.
So one thing is confirm that you are not pregnant.
In between, you were having spotting; it can be due to naturogest.
Naturogest is hormonal tablet containing progesterone & you are taking it continuously since 30/8 till now, due to which you are not getting your periods.
I will advise you to consult your gynaecologist to stop this medication, so that you can get your period & can plan for next cycle.
I hope your query has been answered.

Dr.Monika

Follow-up: Have undergone IUI. Getting pink blood spotting. Will naturogest 200mg postpones periods? 13 hours later
I have stopped naturogest since yesterday. After how many days i can expect periods ?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 8 hours later
Welcome back.
You can expect your periods after 3-4 days.But you can have painful & heavy bleeding; so consult your doctor for further evaluation.
I hope your query has been answered.
Dr.Monika

Follow-up: Have undergone IUI. Getting pink blood spotting. Will naturogest 200mg postpones periods? 1 hour later
Thank you very much. Sorry i dint even say thanks in my earlier reply since i was very worried and tensed.
I am sorry for that.

thanks
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 12 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
I hope you will get your periods within time limit & get your conception in next IUI.
If you are satisfied with my answers, please close the discussion by rating it.

Dr.Monika