Have undergone Cystoscopic examination of urinary passage and Bladder. There is squamous metaplasia of the trigone

Jul 2016

I had the camera put up the urethra and the findings were that there is a squamous metaplasia of the trigone, and presant around the R and L UO what does this mean i see her again in three weeks
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 38 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone Cystoscopic examination of your urinary passage and Bladder using Endovision Camera.
Normally Trigone and urinary bladder is lined by a layer of Transitional epithelium.However if there is chronic irritation or infection of the bladder (Cystitis) this layer of transitional epithelial cells gets converted in to layer of squamous epithelial cells what is termed as Squamous Metaplasia. This is very common finding in females ,detected on routine cystoscopic examinations for urinary problems and does not have clinical significance.Normally it fades away spontaneously or by taking antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Follow-up: Have undergone Cystoscopic examination of urinary passage and Bladder. There is squamous metaplasia of the trigone 2 hours later
I have been on the antibiotic for4 months and still have symptoms they have taken a biopsy of the bladder wall. Can you get thrush of the bladder without any signs of it tin the urine test? this has been going on for a year there is not uti shoeing on the tests what could this be?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Thanks for fresh information.
You have been having this problem since one year. Most likely it may be due to what is called as Interstitial Cystitis which is very common in females. Now biopsy of the bladder has been taken which will confirm the diagnosis.
Thanks and Regards.