Have under active thyroid and want to know other way than Blood test to check it?

hi have an under active thyroid and want to know if there is any other way other than blood tests you can check it
i have been feeling very flat lately more so than usual,my problem is i dislike going to see doctors because i cannot seem to find one that i like and feel comfortable with, i have not been for a check up for two years. what happens if i dont sort things out with my thyroid
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 41 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clinical examination and co relation with lab test

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'm, Regards! Thanks for visiting XXXXXXX Besides lab tests, your symptoms will tell you about your thyroid functional status.
1. Weight gain
2. Hair fall
3. Sleepy/drowsy/ dull attitude
4. Constipation
5. Irregular periods
6. Depression
7. Fatigue/ lethargy/ sore muscles
8. Oedema/ facial puffiness
You may not have them all, you may have them in any order and severity.
But to treat and to monitor thyroid dose you need blood test. Mostly doctors understand the concern of their patient and make them feel comfortable. I wish you all the best to find some doctor who can make you feel better.
Hope you felt comfortable at XXXXXXX Thanks