Have ulcer in fold of abdomen. Getting irritation and rashes. Should I go for medical treatment?

I currently have a small ulcer in the fold of my abdomen. I am what they would consider obese in the medical profession. the ulcer is small, what I would say is stage 2/grade 2 ulcer from reading the examples. there is now a bit of irritation/rash surrounding which I would assume is caused from the moisture. I have been trying to keep it dry and recently started using zinc oxide to try to promote tissue growth. Is there something else I could try or should I seek medical assistance?
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The ulcer seems to be infected associated with mild inflammation , the red margins are indicative of the fact.

I suggest you to apply Antibiotic Ointment like BACTROBAN / T Bact twice daily for three days and once your see the infection has come down (the margins appear clean and healthy with glistening skin) you may apply Neosporin powder. Neosporin powder keeps the wound healthy and dry which helps in healing.There would be no need for dressing.I agree with you that the wound could be due to moisture , it does appear so.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you god health.