Have type 2 diabetes. Take meltfrom and simvastatin. Are medicines strong?

I have type 2 diabetes, currently my meds. is turing on me, it's like I am having a clinical reaction: I take meltform twice daily 1000 mg, I take simvastatin 40mg, genetic to Losartan/hctz100/12.5mg, and I take genetic amiben for sleep. Doctor, I go into a hard sweat and pass out. Can you tell if my Meds are to strong. thank you.
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

The dosage of the medications depends on the level of your blood sugar, lipid profile blood pressure and renal parameters.

So just by mentioning the dose of the drugs we may not be in a position to commend.

Secondly sweating and dizziness may be due to hypoglycemia(Decrease in blood sugar).

1. Monitor your blood sugar and blood pressure regularly.

2. Adjust the doses of medicine with the help of your doctor based on the values.

3. Eat frequent small meals.

4. Evaluate your renal status with Renal function test. Because the commonest cause of hypoglycemia at this age is Diabetic nephropathy.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.