Have type 2 diabetes. Insecure balance, tingling in soles of feet and ankles, broad based gait. Diabetic neuropathy?

I attached 2 images of a read out from a echocardiogram I had done 2 years ago I never knew they performed this while I was in the hospital and I seen where it said my aortic was dilated and 2 valves had trace regurgitation is this nothing to worry about or should I be referred to a cardiologist.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 26 hours later
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I have reviewed both reports. These findings all by themselves will not make so much sense. You should have symptoms before these findings can become of any great concern. Even in clients with XXXXXXX regurgitation, unless there are symptoms or complications arising from this, they are generally not given any specific treatment. And because you are not reporting any symptoms, it very unlikely that this really represents a huge concern for now.

I will like to suggest that you may want to XXXXXXX a cardiologist just to do a follow up evaluation to see if these findings are still same, regressing or worsening. This is no emergency exam and you should do it at your pace This is more to offer an up to date assessment and relief you of any worries. You having no complaints is the best indicator of your good health status. There are lots of other people out there in the general population with similar findings that are no problems to them or their physicians.

I hope this addresses your query fully. However, please feel free to ask related follow up questions if need be. I wish you well.
Dr. Ditah, MD