Have two injuries on neck and shoulder. Experiencing tingling to lips. Have six bulging discs in cervical spine. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I have had two injuries to my neck and shoulders. Just recently, I have been experiencing tingling to my lips. I have 6 bulging discs in my Cervical spine and have Complex Regional pain Syndrome. Just wondering if the tingling lips are related in some way?

Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 41 minutes later
Welcome at XXXXXXX

I have read your query with diligence.

Will you please answer some questions so that i can help you more-

-Since when this problem is there?

-Is there any factors which increases your present problem?

-Please also tell me about factors which decreases your present problem?

-Are you suffering from high blood pressure or diabetes?

-Do you have excess of stress?

Please reply.
Follow-up: Have two injuries on neck and shoulder. Experiencing tingling to lips. Have six bulging discs in cervical spine. What to do? 14 hours later
The tingling started 3 weeks ago, it comes and goes, however, over the last 2 days, it has been present, non stop. There is nothing that increases or decreases it. I have low blood pressure. I have had a lot of stress, however, I have been going really well. I believe it is related to my injuries, even though it is a new symptom. I have had Bilateral Occipital Nerve injections at the base of my skull and have had loss of speech a few years ago. My Neurologist said that I have had Carotid Artery spasms at the Brain Stem level, which had previously mimicked a Stroke. After my first injury, I could not walk or talk, I was numb from the nose down. I had urgent Brain MRI's as they thought I had a brain tumour or had had a stroke. I have been hospitalised 5 times now. It is a permanent injury. I hope that helps you. Long storey, I know.
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 3 hours later
Thanks for giving details.

Your present symptoms of tingling at face & lips does not looks to be related with neck or shoulder injury.

Our upper & lower lips are supplied by maxillary & mandibular nerve. These nerves are branches of facial nerve, which has origin in brain. These symptoms can be either due to stress or due to neurological disorder. I will advice you to consult to a neuro-physician for your symptoms. Your neck & shoulder problems are not the cause for this problem.

Hope this will help you.

With best wishes.