Have two cataracts. Needs to be removed. Suggestions?

Ophthalmologist
Question
I AM A MEMBER FOR 2 MONTHS...I ASKED A QUESTION APPROX 2 WKS AGO BUT RECEIVED NO ANSWER..I HAVE 2 CATARACTS WHICH NEED TO BE REMOVED AND THEN IMPLANTS...IS IT BETTER FOR ME TO GO TO A LARGE EYE CENTER OR A ONE MAN OPTHAMOLOGIST OK...I LIVE ALONE AND AM VERY CONCERNED..IF I DO NOT RECEIVE AN ANSWER AGAIN IM AFRAID I WILL HAVE TO CANCEL MEMBERSHIP!THANK YOU
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better to go to large eye centre.

Detailed Answer:
WELCOME TO HEALTH CARE MAGIC

It seems from the history that you are having cataract in both the eyes which is age related called as SENILE CATARACT.

It requires surgery and surgery is the only successful treatment available as of today. The surgery of choice is Phacoemulsification with posterior chamber intraocular lens implantation preferably foldable intraocular lens.

Now coming to your question is it better to go to a large eye centre or a one man ophthalmologist?

I feel it is better to go to large eye centre as all the moderen and recent facilities will be available there and you can be evaluated better to rule out any other associated eye diseases also.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you