Have twitching eye, pain in eye and head. Are these related to anxiety?

Question

i have neck and back tension with slight pain in left side front of head comes and goes with eye twitching or tremors in eyes, is this part of the overall anxiety pattern?
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 6 hours later

Thanks for the query
I understand your concern

Your problem could be related to stress/anxiety. But I will like to know if your eyes twitches in one or both sides.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Have twitching eye, pain in eye and head. Are these related to anxiety? 16 minutes later

left eye mostly sometimes right

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 4 minutes later

Thanks for the feed back

I feel that your problem could be related to tension/anxiety without any serious neurological problem. A physical examination by a neurologist will rule out a remote treatable neurological condition called as blepharospasm.

Hope this clarifies
Please get back to me in case you have any other concern/questions in this issues

Best wishes

Follow-up: Have twitching eye, pain in eye and head. Are these related to anxiety? 5 minutes later

thank you i have had anxiety issues for two years these conditions and symptoms have been with me since the start no better no worse.
kind regards XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 14 minutes later
Thanks for the feed back

Best wishes

Wish you good health