Have tumors in thighs, arms, knees calf and feet. Feel painful. Cause choking problems when swallowing. What to do?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX I have over 200 tumors some small and some huge as in the back the
thighs, the rib cage into my abdomen breasts, arms knees calf and my feet. These tumors in
my feel although small burn and no pain medication can stop the pain. The thigh and the
back spinal cord are the next most painful. The tumors in the rib cage and back are pushing
the abdomen out of place and have created a hernia near the belly button. I have successfully
had six removed by a plastic surgeon but she only removed six at a time and that is not enough
to get me walking again. I am currently looking for another plastic surgeon or even general
surgeon. Complicated in this matter is that you can not see these tumors as they grow inward
and not outward but are of course easily manually felt except for the ones in my neck which
have caused choking problems when swallowing. Anybody with similar symptoms that you
have seen?
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, this is difficult disease

Detailed Answer:

I think that you are suffering from neurofibromatosis, which is a genetic disease. This is rare but not uncommon. Patients have multiple tumors arising from nerves which sometimes enlarge and cause pressure symptoms. And obviously these are cosmetically bad.

Unfortunately, there is no cure or medical treatment for this. Surgery can be used to take care of some of the larger lesions.

Hope I have answered your query. I willbe available to answer further follow up queries, if any.