Have trouble sleeping because mild apnoea. Have abdominal pain. Suggest

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hullo. I'm 59 years old female -used to be healthy active and fit and good constitution and genes. Had a lot of stress- work and personal, trouble sleeping because of mild apnoea and ? sparking waking up and thoughts of imminent death (recurring). , being treated by osteopath for scoliosis/ skeleton degeneration etc for about a year Have put on abdominal weight been checked gyno wise recently- no problems. Have had unexplained abdominal pain in the past probably misdiagnosed but I believe was largely due to parasite etc which tests showed had cleared over a year ago +. Am sitting here and getting dull to sharpish pain approx. five inches to the right of my bellybutton. No other symptoms except feeling low energy ( as I have felt for a while). Research said to leave for a couple of days. When I breathe in it hurts there but then eases to a dull pain when I breathe out. What can you advise? Thanks
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
thanks for writing in XXXXXXX
From the history of symptoms which you have given it appears to be irritable bowel syndrome. This is principally related to mental stress.
I would suggest that you get a either a ultrasound or a CT scan of the abdomen to rule out any abdominal disease.
Having done that the following is advisable.
1. Regular walking.
2. Plenty of water consumption.
3. A balanced diet as set by aqualified dietician.
4. Yoga therapy.
I hope this answers your query.