Have trigeminal neuralgia and taking gabapentin. Adjust in diet to lessen attacks?

I have trigeminal neuralgia and am taking gabapentin 300 mg x3 times daily. Although this helps some I still have 3-4 day spells ,about every ten days,where the pain renders me useless. Are there any proven ways I might adjust my diet to assist in the lessening of these attacks?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You are suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia and are taking Gabapentin 300mg thrice daily.
As such, there are no dietary modifications which can alter the course of this disease or provide symptomatic relief.

Diets XXXXXXX in Vitamin B, magnesium and potassium have been found to be beneficial for the nerves as such. You should avoid saturated fats, refined sugar and stimulants like coffee, carbonated beverages, caffeine, alcohol & cigarettes. These substances are said to be harmful for the nerves as such.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.