Have transabdominal cerclage done. Did masturbation. Will this cause any harm in pregnancy?

Am so embarresed. I have what you call a transabdominal cerclage in place due to an incompetent cervix. It was placed at about 9 weeks. I have fully recovered and am back at work. I am almost 13 weeks. My husband and i cannot have intercourse. So yesterday my hormones got the best of me and i masterbated by myself. I never asked the doctor if i could,but i am worried that this can make me go into pretrrm labor. It did not make me cramp,, it just relaxed me...... i just wanted to know if doing this can harm my pregnancy?
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 43 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
There is nothing to feel embarrassed.
With a cerclage in, you do not want to insert anything into the vagina. This can introduce bacteria that can infect your cercalge and cause it to fail. 
I know there are other ways to masturbate, but anything, even clean hands can have some bacteria. Not only that, orgasm causes uterine contractions which can lead to preterm labor

Doctors generally advise no sexual activity what so ever, not even nipple stimulation.
 I would say no to masturbating.
Be cautious in future
You are welcome to ask any other query.
Best of luck