Have toxoplasma igg and igm positive. Took rovamicin. Can I plan for pregnancy now?

Mar 2013
Have toxoplasma igg and igm positive, took rovamicin 4 months still positive but from 8 initially to 4 current .can plan pregnancy
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Having been infected with Toxoplasma, you should have acquired immunity by now.
Also a positive Ig G indicates immunity against it.
The titres are on decreasing trend.
Ideally, I would ask you to wait for six months and then plan a pregnancy, without further additional and meaningless testing.
Also, take regular folic acid supplements in the interim period.
Take care, and feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Have toxoplasma igg and igm positive. Took rovamicin. Can I plan for pregnancy now? 6 hours later
Thanks for the reply, the infertility doctor from whom we are taking treatmebt says that we have taken rovamicin course and the titre will not be negative ,so she says its fine and webcam plan further for pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
You need not worry about toxoplasmosis now.
All the best with your pregnancy.