Ask a Urologist   »  

Have torn foreskin. Applying savlon and used Soframycin. Suggest medication?

I have a torn forskin(frenulum) hv been applying savlon for a week and also soframycin since two days but has not helped at all please suggest some good ointment
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have torn frenulum since a week. You have applying soframycin cream but has not healed up .
Frenulum tear will take 2 weeks to get cured .

Please get your blood sugar levels tested to rule out Diabetes and take broad spectrum antibiotic orally along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosorin for application over inured area.

Please ensure to clean genitals with warm water twice daily before applying a Neosporin.
It should get cured within 2 weeks.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Follow-up: Have torn foreskin. Applying savlon and used Soframycin. Suggest medication? 1 hour later
Can you please name the broad spectrum antibiotic and also the ointment is neosorin or neospirin please clarify because i believe there is only neosprin. I am travelling abroad so would like to take the medicine with me.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for follow up.
You can take CIfotaxime and Neosporin with you.
Thanks and Regards.