Have tooth infected and causing pain. What can I do?

I have a tooth that is infected and is causing me a lot of pain. I do not have insurance and I am a single mother. I cant afford to go to the dentist until next week and if I go to the ER for antibiotic and pain med, the XXXXXXX will be outrageous. I was just wondering what I could do?
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Imperative to see Dentist, for now

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I do understand perfectly how you could be feeling at this point in time, considering how painful the ache of the tooth could be. It is important however to do your utmost best to get the opinion of a dentist to get proper treatment, and prevent ailment attacking neighboring teeth.

For now however, analgesics and antibiotics are indispensable. You could take Amoxicilline 500mg, two tablets in the morning and two tablets in the evening (2000mg) daily for seven days, and Acetaminonphen for aches or Paracetamol 500mg, two tablets thrice daily (3000mg) as you wait to see your dentist. I do believe these well taken could be of utmost help.

Along the line, it is still very imperative to see the dentist. In case an abscess is forming, as could be the case, other drugs like metronidazole and surgical drainage could be adde3d.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Kind regards. In case you got any specific concerns, please do feel free asking, I would be glad to respond.

Dr Rogers