Have tonsillitis and am taking penicillin. Feel lightheaded and restless legs? Normal?

I have tonsillitis and am taking penicillen for last 5 days. Feel very lightheaded and restless legs?? Normal??
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Guru 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It rarely have such side effects but possible

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthCareMagic!

Possible side effects of Penicillin include Gastro-Iintestinal disturbances, rash and very rarely hyperactivity, agitation, insomnia, anxiety, behavioural changes, confusion, dizziness and convulsions.

In your case very lightheaded and restless legs are not normal and should be reported to your treating physician. However, it may or may not be related to Penicillin.

Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied please proceed with closing and rating this answer.

Wish you a good health!