Have tonsillar papilloma and a small hard painless lump inside anus. Are they related?

Question
Can a tonsilar papilloma and a small hard lump (painless) just inside the anus be related? My fear is that a tonsilar cancer has grown and spread. I've read that the type of HPV that causes papilloma of the tonsil is HPV 6 - this is not normally the type associated with cancer. But, if it has caused a cancer, could it spread via lymph nodes to the anus? Very, very worried and going to see doctor in a few days.
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 54 minutes later
A small hard lump inside the anus is most likely a dilated blood vessel due to haemorrhoid or a genital wart. It is least likely to be due to a spread of malignancy from a tonsillar papilloma. Even if the tonsillar papilloma is malignant ( which is again less likely in your case), it usually does not spread beyond the neck glands. A systemic spread is extremely unlikely.
A direct physical examination of the lump in the anus will help in further ruling out the possibility.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Have tonsillar papilloma and a small hard painless lump inside anus. Are they related? 23 minutes later
HPV related anal cancer is my big fear - because I have a papilloma on my tonsil I am at an increased risk for the anal cancer right?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Since you are infected with HPV, the chances of having an HPV related anal cancer are high. A direct examination and biopsy will help in exact diagnosis.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow-up: Have tonsillar papilloma and a small hard painless lump inside anus. Are they related? 9 minutes later
You say chances are high - don' t you mean elevated? From what I've read, anal cancer is quite rare - even with HPV. And if I do have the HPV 6 a which is what I suspect, does this not make anal cancer even less likely?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Anal cancer as such is a rare cancer. But the chances of getting it are more with HPV infection if compared with those who do not have any infection. In your case, the swelling is likely to be due to hemorrhoids. Please do not worry.
Best regards.