Have toenail fungus. Cut a bit of toe nail. Noticed bleeding. Put hydrogen peroxide. Should I be worried?

Mar 2013
Hello. I have toenail fungus. I was cutting my toenails yesterday and accidently cut a little too far in the nail bed (this is the toe with the nail fungus). It is a very small puncture with very little bleeding. I put some hydrogen peroxide on it. Do I need to be concerned about the toenail fungus causing some type of complication to the cut on the toe?
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 50 minutes later
The open toe cut could cause complications to the existing toenail fungus.
The fungal infection could disseminate ( spread ) through the bloodstream.
You would do better to see a Physician, and treat the fungus promptly.