Have toe nail fungal infection. Treatment?

suggest a dermotolist and the hospital at hyderabad, in India for the toe nail fungul infection.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check the predisposing factors

Detailed Answer:

The toe nails are not healing. The fungal infection takes a longer time like half an year to one year for complete healing. Sometimes the dermatologist have to do surgical techniques for healing. Are you diabetic? If yes it is extremely important to keep the blood sugar under control.

So I suggest you to take longer treatment with a reliable and trusted dermatologist for at least 6 months to one year to notice the healing. You can choose one of them whoever is nearer to your place.

Dr.V.K.Somani's Clinic
3-6-560,alto Trade Center, Himayath Nagar,hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh,0000, India

Near Ayapasantosh Medical Hall, Chaitanyapuri X Road, Dilsuknagar
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 0000

Thank you.
Follow-up: Have toe nail fungal infection. Treatment? 3 hours later
I don’t have a diabetic. Is surgery would help for quick healing from the problem, how much will it costs and if I go for medicines would there be any side effects.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
side effects are common

Detailed Answer:
Side effects are common with every treatment but it is important to manage the condition because benefits are more than the side effects.

Yeah surgery may be helpful but I am not sure let your dermatologist decide. The cost of the medicines is within common man reach.