Have tiny white spots on foreskin of penis. Never had unprotected sex. Cure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
Hello

I am 29 years old. I have tiny white spots on my foreskin, they are main on the left side of my penis. I have never had unprotected sex, i was wondering what they are and is it anything serious..? I have attached a picture, please advice.
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be BXO

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts and photograph that you have posted it appears that you have tiny white spots on your foreskin .It could be what is called as Ballanitis Xerotica Obliterance ( BXO) in early stage ..It is chronic progressive dermatosis of foreskin.
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me to make comments on your problem.
1) Are you able to retract your foreskin completely?
2) Do you have itching of the foreskin?
3) Do you have any urinary complains?
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and further treatment.

In the mean while you can use topical steroid cream for local application.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Have tiny white spots on foreskin of penis. Never had unprotected sex. Cure? 1 hour later
Thank you for your reply.

Is it something very serious?

Getting back to your questions,
1. I am not able to retract my foreskin. I have never been sexually active. Is it caused because of a tight foreskin?
2. I have no redness or itching whatsoever, i cant remember how long its been there, but i am pretty sure its been over 3 to 4 years, its not increasing or spreading, its just there.
3. I do not have any Urinary complains, no burning or pain while passing urine.

I had fever a few weeks ago, and the doctor asked me to get tests done to rule out dengue, malaria and other stuff. So he got all the tests done, full blood work, urine and Liver Function Test. Everything was normal.
It looks a little exaggerated in the picture because i have zoomed on it, normally its not so big.

So what do you suggest i do now ?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is early BXO in earlystage.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for feedback.
You have what is called as Phimosis associated with BXO in early stage.This is not a serious problem at all.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation. You may need to undergo minor surgery of Circumcision which is carried out as a day care surgery under local anesthesia. This will solve your problem permanently so that you can have enjoyable sexual life in future .

The surgeon will send the foreskin for histo- pathological examination to confirm the diagnosis.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Have tiny white spots on foreskin of penis. Never had unprotected sex. Cure? 5 hours later
Thank you for your answer.

I am relieved to know that it might not be serious.

I have a question though, why does this happen? is this related to Syphilis in any way? I have never had proper sex, does the foreskin retract back for everyone? Why has it not happened naturally for me?
How long can i avoid circumcision? Will this get worse if i do not undergo circumcision?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not related to Syphilis

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,
Thanks for follow up.
This problem is neither related to syphilis nor to STD.
Foreskin gets retracted freely over glans penis in every man.However it is tight in some individuals from birth (Phimosis)and that has happened with you.
You need to get circumcised and it is always better if you get it done now .BXO is a progressive disease and it will involve entire foreskin and if left untreated will gradually involve the glans penis and urethra.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.