Have tiny spots of thicker skin on face. Prickly feeling when sweating and stressed. Concerned

Question
There are tiny spots of thicker skin on my face (not red, not warts, but there are also places that look like small, flat warts. The wart-like spots are concentrated around my hairline and under my bangs. There are two on my scalp. None of the places are over 2 mm in diameter. Most are scarcely more than a mm. They itch slightly and feel prickly when I sweat or when I am mildly stressed (such as when driving in normal traffic through the city).
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Given your complaints, I am inclined to think that they are due to an allergy. Long standing allergies actually lead to a chronic inflammation like state where the skin thickens and can cause what you are experiencing right now. Before I tell you the treatment, I would like to confirm this. It would be great if you can upload a picture of the same. You can use the 'upload your reports' section on the right.
Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Have tiny spots of thicker skin on face. Prickly feeling when sweating and stressed. Concerned 6 hours later
I have attached a couple of photos; it is difficult to get a clear image using a Coolpix even with the "flower" setting. The places are raised, but not a different color from the surrounding skin.

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 13 hours later
Thanks for the the pictures.
I would still stick to my original opinion of these being allergic spots. Now, the thing about allergies is even we do start you on one of the anti-allergic drugs, it would only go away for a while to come back later.
So if they are not causing symptoms all the time , I would suggest you dont use anything. When they do itch, you can take Tablet Cetrizine 10 mg one tablet once daily. Also, you can apply Cortizone ointment locally ( on the tag) when there is itching.
Hope this helps
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.