Have tiny red spots on the tip of penis, applied Candid but it is worse. Advise?

I have tiny red spots on the tip of my penis, I applied Candid cream but it has become worse and painful
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello sir and welcome.

I would like to start by stating that spots on the penis could be associated with various conditions, let us first try to relate to which type of spots these are. They presentations are:
-Ulcers (craters in skin): Related to sexually transmitted infections (eg. syphillis, herpes, pemphigus, Bechets disease, etc.)
-Papules (small raised spots, above skin): Associated with psoriasis, viral infection (molluscum contagiosum), inflammation of hair follicles, warts (associated with human papillomavirus)
-Plaques (flat, raised, slightly larger in size): Balanitis, psoriasis, eczema like conditions

I would like to ask you about you about your sexual status if you do not mind sharing it with me sir. When was my your last sexual encounter and who was your partner? Also, if Candid has not helped you, then a fungal source can be ruled out.

You also have the option of uploading pictures to our discussion if you wish to do so, or we can try to narrow down the search for the diagnosis, but I will require your help with an elaborate description of the spots.

Hope I have succeeded in explaining things well enough to you sir. Looking forward to your response. Do not worry, we shall surely find the solution to this sir.

Follow-up: Have tiny red spots on the tip of penis, applied Candid but it is worse. Advise? 2 hours later
I had sex with my wife some fifteen days back. Originally it all started when my wifes loop infected and i too had infection. It went off after a course of antibiotics and fluoconazole. Am attaching image. Then it is on and off, when I apply candid it goes off but now its severe.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 6 hours later
Hello sir.

I have gone through the attached image and also the history put forward by you. It looks like a yeast/fungal infection, although we cannot be sure without a laboratory swab analysis of the lesion.

If you are not experiencing a response to Candid, there are 2 things we need to look into:
1. Are you using candid with a sufficient dosage? As recommended by your doctor or did you apply it only once? If it is indeed a fungal infection and severe, you might need oral antifungal tablets as well as a locally applying gel/ointment/cream; just one might not suffice
2. This might not be a fungal infection, and thus will require the above investigation I have mentioned
For both a prescription of oral tablets as well as a laboratory test, you will have to visit a doctor sir.

I hope this information is clear sir. Please do let me know if there is anything more I can help you with. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Have tiny red spots on the tip of penis, applied Candid but it is worse. Advise? 23 minutes later
I was applying only candid B cream, it was ckearing up i was washing the area in warm water with dettol but before it became severe i applied dettol directly without mixing water on 06.08.2013, from then on it became severe. How to prevent it from happenning again?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 minutes later
Hello sir,

I can understand your concern, if there was a response Candid B cream, then I would advice you to continue application of the cream. Dettol can produce irritant effects which can delay recovery. You can also speak to your doctor about starting you off on oral fluconazole, which will greatly help in completely treating the infection, and preventing future recurrences.

Genital fungal infections commonly spread by sexual intercourse. Hence it is important that we locate similar infection in your wife/sexual partner and treat it as well. Because as long as your wife has the infection, even if you are adequately treated, during sexual contact, you will get the infection again.

Hope this information helped you sir. Please write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be glad to help.