Have tiny red bumps all over face, neck, chest and back. Could it be a viral rash or food poisoning?

I have red tiny bumps that look like bug bites all over my face, neck, chest, back, and a little around my arms. Its been about three days and it started to spread from yesterday. I went to see two doctors and they are not sure what it is because it is painless and non itchy. First I went to the ER and the doctor said it could possibly be a viral rash and I may have caught something airbourne. My second doctor was not sure and I got my blood tested done and he suggested I get syphillis and AIDS tested. Can syphillis form a rash like how I have described? I assumed it could food poisoning because I had squid that was not cooked enough the night it began to outbreak.
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 7 hours later
I would be pleased to answer your question.

From your description of the lesions , it looks very much like an Autoeczematization .
This mostly occurs secondary as an allergy to something like food intake , scrombotoxin from fish , external agent.
It could be very much related to sea food allergy as you have mentioned and fits very much into that .
You should take an over the counter anti histamine for 10 days .
Incase you get any lip swelling or eyelid swelling you can show the Dermatologist .

Thanks and take care